String Instrument Repair Service
Please call 612-822-3334, Monday through Saturday from 10am to 6pm and Sunday from Noon to 6pm to connect with our repair service technicians.
On Site String Service
- Electric Guitar/Acoustic Guitar/Bass Guitar Repair
- Full set-up on all stringed instruments
- Mandolin/Banjo/Ukulele repairs at hourly rates
- Violin, Viola and Cello repairs at hourly rates
- Nut repair and replacement
- Saddle replacement
- New tuner installation and replacement
- Electronic work including jacks, switches, pots, and pick-up installation, and complete modifications
- Fret edge dress
- Strap button installation
- PLEK Service
Off Site String Service
- Re-fret, nickel or stainless steel available or fret dress treatments
- Guitar neck heat press treatment
- Broken headstock
- Neck resets
- Cracked acoustics
- Bridgework including re-gluing, filling and re-slotting and full replacement
- Custom routing for electronics
- Pickup repair and rewinds
General Repair Service Turn Around Time & Rush Service
Repairs are addressed in the order they arrive unless we are waiting for a part or for direction from the customer. Due to these and other circumstances, we cannot 100% guarantee turn around times on string instrument service. However, we do offer a general guideline for repairs. On-site repairs can run one to two weeks, and custom luthier service is typically two to three weeks. If you are in need of faster service than our standard turn around time, rush service is available.
If you are in need of a rush repair, bring your instrument into the store and request rush service. If the on-duty technician determines that the repair can be accomplished, they will offer the option of rush service guaranteed by 5pm the following day. Rush service fees include rush guitar set-up or other guitar on-site repair fees, and costs $35. No rush repair service is available for off-site repairs.
Note that rush repair service only guarantees that your project will be looked at and every attempt will be made to complete the repair. There are some rare instances where the repair cannot be completed due to unforeseen circumstances. In these instances, the rush charge still applies.
We are authorized to offer repair for the following brands: Art & Lutherie, Ashdown, Charvel, EVH, Fender, Godin, Gretsch, Guild, Hartke, Hiwatt, Jackson, Laney, Marshall, Orange, Sampson, Simon & Patrick, Squire, SWR and Zvex Effects.