Amplifier Repair Service
Please call 612-822-3334, Monday through Friday from Noon to 8pm, Saturday from 10am to 6pm, and Sunday from Noon to 6pm to connect with our repair service technicians.
On-Site Full Tube Amp Repair Service
- Repair and restoration from top to bottom
- Health check including tube testing and biasing
- Retubing and recapping
- Modifications including the Fender Blackface Mod and Marshall JTM 45 Mod
- Upgrade of components including Mercury magnetics transformers
Off-Site Solid State Electronics Repair Service
- Solid state amplifier repairs
- Effects pedal repairs
- Rackmount effects and processors
- P.A. systems and mixers, powered speakers & monitors
- Specializing in restorations of Farfisa and vintage solid state Vox amplifiers
- Modifications for Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9 to TS-808 conversion, and converting Crybaby and VOX V847 to true-bypass
We do not typically offer repair for keyboards or HiFi stereos. Some exceptions are possible, but please call ahead for more information.
General Repair Service Turn Around Time & Rush Service
Repairs are addressed in the order they arrive unless we are waiting for a part of direction from the customer. Due to these situations, we cannot guarantee turnaround times on amplifier service. However, general guidelines for repairs at Twin Town Guitars are on-site repairs take about one to two weeks and tube amplifier, solid state Amplifier or Customer Luthier Service runs about two weeks or less. If you need faster service than the normal turn around time, please consider rush service.
If you are in need of a rush repair, please bring your amplifier into the store and request rush service. If the on-duty technician determines that the repair can be accomplished, they will offer the option of rush service by 5pm the following day. The rush tube amplifier or other on-site rush repair fee is $75.
Sorry, no rush repair service is available for off-site repairs. Please also note that rush repair service only guarantees that your particular project will be looked at and every attempt will be made to complete the repair. There are some rare instances where the repair cannot be completed due to unforeseen circumstances. In these instances, the rush charge will still apply.
We are authorized to offer repair for the following brands: Fender, Squire, Gretsch, Guild, Jackson, Charvel, SWR, EVH, Godin, Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick, Marshall, Orange, Laney, Hiwatt, Ashdown, Hartke, Sampson and Zvex Effects.